Please direct all FOIA requests in writing to email@example.com or the following physical address:
South Carolina Ethics Commission
201 Executive Center Dr., Suite 150
Columbia, South Carolina 29210
The Commission will respond about the release of records in a FOIA request within ten (10) or twenty (20) working days (depending on the age of the documents requested) of receipt of the request. Working days do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or public holidays. If the requested information is available for public disclosure, the Commission will coordinate efforts with the requestor to make the records accessible and/or available. If the requested information is confidential or is exempt from public disclosure, the Commission will notify the requestor in writing.
FOIA allows for the collection of fees to cover the cost of research, retrieval, and reproduction of information. In some cases, the Commission may request a deposit from the requestor prior to searching for or making copies of records.
The Commission has established the following flat fees for routinely requested items:
(1) Copies of the Ethics Reform Act are $20.00. Please contact the agency for shipping costs.
(2) Copies of Lobbyist and Lobbyist’s Principal Lists are $5.00 per copy (Legislators and State Agencies receive without charge (SC Code Sections 2-17-20(E) and 2-17-25(E))).
(3) Copies of Political Action Committee lists are $5.00.
(4) Lobbying Manuals, Complaint Manuals, and Annual Reports, no charge.
(5) Statement of Economic Interests, Campaign Disclosure Forms, and Lobbying Registration, and Disclosure Forms, $.50 per page.
For all other requests, the cost shall be as follows:
(1) Hourly rate for research is $25.00.